Monday, March 23, 2009

Kapitan House Restaurant

Yesterday we traveled to Melaka, to send my daughter back to MRSM Jasin. On the way we decided to detour to Banda Hilir for lunch. Last few weeks we saw on Astro's Warung Kita the host introduced a couple of eating places in the programs. So we decided to vote which place to go, we shortlisted 3 eateries; Restoran Indori (minang food), Restoran Asam pedas Selera Kampung and Kapitan House (nyonya cuisine).

My missus voted for Asam Pedas, myself voted Indori but all my children wants to try Kapitan House. Actually we forgot the address, but nevertheless, we still try to look for it, circling a couple of times around Melaka Raya. And as usual the driver (myself) will be the first to spot the place. Luckily I got a parking directly in front of the restaurant.

When we entered the shop we were greeted by the manager, and he told me that even on sundays we must display the parking tickets on the dashboard, being outsiders, we are not prepared and he offered me an hour coupon for free. Thank you so much! Great service.

Sorry no photos, left my cameras in the car and too lazy to fetch it.

We had Ayam Pongteh, Prawn masak lemak nanas, Fish fried in salt with sambal, Nyonya otak-otak, sambal squid and white rice. It was incredible, delicious and salute to the chef.

The restaurant is co-owned by a TV and stage baba-nyonya comedian, Kenny or better known as Bibik Kim Neo on stage (dressed as a matriarch of baba-nyonya family). Unfortunately he was not available that day due to some show in KL. We missed the opportunity to meet him but i promise my kids to return if we come to Melaka. We were told he owns several factories to process his food product and he is the master-chef; a qualified chef and cook.

1 comment:

Kapitan Restaurant said...

A nicely article, and have you try the Kapitan Restaurant in Melaka? Please see review at http://malaysiafood.org/kapitan-restaurant-in-melaka/