Monday, August 17, 2009

Malaysian Nature Society Membership

Last Saturday, during The Kuala Lumpur Photography Festival (KLPF) at the Mid-Valley shopping complex, I managed to sign up as a member of Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) or Persatuan Pencinta Alam. I have been considering joining them for quite some time and this is the opportunity I don't want to miss.

Instead of buying cameras accessories on sale that day I joined MNS. Still, I felt my visit to KLPF is successful!

I care for wildlife, I adore nature, I keen on jungle trekking, I like travelling and my ultimate passion is photography.

Some time last year, I was approached by an international wildlife NGO's personnel handling a booth at some shopping complex. But they are more interested to coerce me into parting with my money to donate to them rather than making me a member. How do I know whether the monthly deduction from credit cards are properly channeled for wildlife conservation or for other purposes.

Might as well I become a member of a local NGO. I know they have lots of activities for my family and me, also for my interest in photography, and they are known to successfully manage an eco park in Kuala Selangor. I am now a proud member of MNS.

More on MNS at http://www.mns.my/

No comments: