Monday, November 17, 2008

A Messy Week

Sorry, it has been a week since my last updates of my blog. So many things happened last week that really made me very, very out of focus.

First, it was about my current job status, the possibility of being transferred into another entity really spoiled my working mood last week. The uncertainties about my terms of services, bla, bla, bla... going around and nobody can give a definite answer...

Then, it was about my mentor, my sifu's misfortune after serving a couple of days at his new work place, office politic overpowered and he is also facing uncertainties...

Third, received a letter from Income Tax (LHDN), that i owed them a cumulative sum of RM6,800 for tax between 2002 to 2007. Oh my god! Be patient be sober and luckily i kept all my documents intact, check all the figures and found out that all parties had erred, myself including. The major fault was my employer, for not reporting the annual bonus payments according to the rules, I argued with them that it was wrong to penalise me for the errors made by my employer, and told them to reverse the late payment charges. They should educate or penalise my employer instead.

Since i also made the error of not paying the difference on the amended assessment after declaring the bonus payment, i had to pay almost RM5,000 to LHDN, of which i had to forked out RM2,500 in cash and the rest by 6 months salary deduction. Ouch! thats a lot of money. Well, I had to defer my dream of owning Nikon D90/D300 in the near term. The biggest setback.

Last week also found out through the internet that I got a speeding fine in August of which i cannot recall as it happened 3 months ago and i did not even receive letters or official correspondence. Why me?

No comments: