Thursday, June 5, 2008

Price Hike

Seventy-eight sen per liter hike is really steep, I was expecting the increase to be around 30 to 40 sen gradually over time, and it put my evening journey home very chaotic due to traffic jams, not due to accidents but cars and lorries queuing up to buy petrol and diesels at the petrol stations.

Lucky for me, while I was driving to work, I heard the news in the morning, about Pak Lah supposed to announced the hike, I just turn my car into the nearest station on sight.

Previously, every time I fill my car it costs me RM70.00, with the petrol hike I have to add another more or less RM28.50, that is an exorbitant sum to me; RM100.00 for 5 days of driving to & fro my office, will add up to RM600.00 per month, just to pay my petrol.

I am sure the demand for Kancil car will be high, and based on word of mouth, used-car dealers' stocks for older generation Kancil are depleting fast. I am also considering to buy one for daily office transport.

Prior to this the price of rice had skyrocketed, next what else, the ceiling price of chicken is expected to be removed soon, everything will move upward, price at eateries either increased or the portion will be less. Electricity tariff will soon be increased too, so like in the 70's, after dinner at eight and when everybody is in front of TV, switch off all the lights, it is like we are at the movies.

Families can impose a curfew and everybody sleeps early... oh oh, it will result in... a new family member the next 9 months... oh gosh! It seems that it never ends. Another mouth to feed, another expenses and so on and on...

Well for traveling, I have to reconsider all my traveling purposes from now on, forget cuti-cuti Malaysia, its just cuti at home..... huhuhuuuu....

No comments: