Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend

I was away during the weekend, went over to my daughter's boarding school on Saturday morning to attend a prayer for her upcoming PMR exminations in October. And then drive down to Johor Bahru to my mom's place. Stayed there for 2 nights. Really miss my internet connection.

Maybe it is not too late to wish "Happy National Day" and also a "Selamat Berpuasa"

Sunday, the merdeka day was a boring day, just ended up watching the live telecast of the National Day parade, it was a rainy day in Johor bahru. Mom was not at home, she had to attend her thrice weekly haemodialisys treatment on that day. My wife has been pestering to have lunch outside rather than for her to cook. Reluctantly, i concede defeat and starts my car and we discovered a new food outlet, to me(and some of my friends from KL and even endorsed by the Singaporeans) Johor is a food heaven. Anyway, i will include about the food and eateries in Johor later. And also a restaurant at Ayer Keroh, Restoran Ikan Bakar Malim, where we had lunch after the school event, before driving down to JB.

On Monday, i had to travel back to Malacca to send my daughter. After sending my daughter we drive up to Port Dickson using the old village road instead of the highway. There was very few vehicles on the road and it was quite a smooth journey for us, about 60 km from my daughter's school to my son's polytechnic.

We "ta pau" some kuih and food bought from villagers, who are still selling 3pcs for RM1 (in KL it cost RM1.20 for three pieces and the size is 2/3 of what you get from kampung people). The Naga Sari, a delicious kuih made of banana swathe with jelly like soft rice flour and wrapped with banana leaves, very difficult to find in KL. Kuihs made by villagers are very authentic. I should have taken some photos but since we had to "buka puasa" in the car, I had no choice, my stomach gets the priorities.

We plan to stop at R&R Elmina at the Guthrie Corridor Expressway, but all the stalls were closed. Before that both R&R at Seremban and Dengkil was fully packed, so we had no choice and break our fast in the car. We find it difficult as so many Malay restaurants were closed yesterday, kedai mamak to the rescue...

No comments: